DEGETHA e.V. - The Thalassemia association in Germany
DEGETHA e.V. - the german association for thalassemia - was founded in 2014. The founding members are thalassemia patients as well as not affected persons.
The particularity of DEGETHA e.V. is, that
- the association is the first national point of contact for all thalassemia patients (decentralised association)
- the (honorary) managing board consists of at least 50% thalassemia patients
- the active members of the association count on different professional skills during their voluntary activities
- one member of the association supports the association authentically as a doctor (hematology), since he is also a thalassemia patient
Which objectives does DEGETHA e.V. have?
- to serve as an information platform for all thalassemia topics (information, clarification and education)
- the promotion of a network (information exchange)
- to grow the patience competency (cooperation of patients and doctors at the same level)